To obtain your mmj card, simply follow these steps:
- Make an appointment with a MED doctor: (just to name a few!)
Doctors of Natural Medicine:
Phone: (719) 212-8899
Medical Alternatives Clinic:
Phone: (720) 744-2010
- Go to the Colorado Medical Marijuana website and create an online account BEFORE YOUR DOCTOR’S VISIT. It will send you an email to confirm, along with a temporary password. This account allows you to submit your application to the state instantaneously once application is completed in its entirety.
- Make sure to write your username and temporary password down. Be advised if you attempt to enter password incorrectly 3 times it will suspend your account and LOCK you out for up to 72 hours. Once logged in, create your own permanent password and save for your records.
- Once on the website, be sure to fill out all the information correctly. Most doctors offices will give you a discount for being prepared in advance, so be sure to ask. This will ultimately be beneficial to receiving your card in a timely manner.
- Most doctors visits cost roughly $85-$100+. Keep in mind there is also a state fee of $15. With tax included it’ll reflect as $16.10. There may be option for you to pay that at the doctor’s office, or, log on to your portal and pay once you leave the doctor’s office. You’ll be able to double check everything is entered correctly on your end, in conjunction with the doctor’s uploaded documents. Once everything is completed you will then be able to submit to the state for processing.
- Here’s the easy part! Sit back and relax until you receive the email stating your card has been approved. Genereally, the waiting period is about 72 hours give or take. Once given this ‘green’ light, print your card and start shopping at any of our 3 locations!!!
- If you need any assistance with any of these steps or even help printing your card, please call us or stop by and we will be more than happy to assist you.
How do I know which strain is the best?
You and your care coordinator will review your ailments and discuss your needs. For more information about how medical marijuana can help with specific conditions and diseases, please see our Ailment Guide. For a general overview of the specific strains we carry, see our Strain Guide and for general information about marijuana, please see History of Medical Marijuana. To determine the best medical marijuana strain for you, it is important to understand the differences between the two main strains: Sativa and Indica. NaturaLeaf have extensive knowledge about which strain is best for your condition.
Should I smoke or eat the medicinal cannabis?
Several of the active ingredients in cannabis are extractable in fat and alcohol. These extracts can be used in edibles, such as baked goods, and topicals, such as tinctures, and lotions and can be made into other forms for those that have respiratory issues preventing them from smoking cannabis.
Are there any side effects?
- Medical cannabis may cause dizziness due to lowered blood pressure.
- Medical cannabis may cause a decrease in coordination or thinking skills while medicated
- Medical cannabis may increase heart rate and/or blood pressure initially which may be problematic for patients with heart conditions or severe anxiety
- Effects vary from person to person and should be monitored and discussed with your caregiver
What should I not do after using medical cannabis?
It is advisable that you follow these suggested guidelines:
- Medical cannabis mixed with alcohol may cause vomiting or nausea
- When ingesting medical cannabis, begin with small bites and wait for your reaction
- Heavy smoking may lead to respiratory infection or potential harm
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery
What is the difference between ingesting and smoking?
- Smoking-effects are generally felt within the first 10 minutes and may last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. Smoking methods included rolled cigarettes, pipes, water-pipes, ice-pipes and vaporizers. NaturaLeaf can help you with your choices.
- Ingesting/Edibles-effects may be felt within 30 minutes and last up to 8 hours. Effects may take longer if the stomach is full and may vary depending on your metabolism.
- Topicals-effects may vary depending on the strain used for preparation
How can Medical Marijuana help treatable illnesses and ailments?
- In Alzheimer’s patients it may prevent the formation of Alzheimer’s plaques
- In Arthritis sufferers it may work as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory
- For Asthma suffers it may open airways to the lungs
- In brain cancer patients it may reduce tumors and kills cancer cells
- In breast and lung cancer it may stop the cancer from spreading
- May brighten the mood in those with depression
- May reduce eye pressure for those with Glaucoma
- Head injury sufferers may have experience the benefit of neuro-protective properties and speedier recovery time
- In HIV patients it may reduce neuropathic pain, improve appetite and aide in sleep
- Hypertension sufferers may find it lowers blood pressure
- A non-addictive pain killer for chronic pain patients
- It may regulate the effects of some diagnosed with A.D. D.
- In Fibromyalgia patients, it may increase appetite, act as a pain reducer, fight nausea, and act as a sleep aide
- For those with spinal cord injured it may reduce muscle spasms, improve appetite and relieve